Tuesday 9 June 2009

May 10th 2009


Well this is probably a good place to start, although I’ve never done a blog before and actually had to ask some friends what sort of stuff to put in it!

So I’ve just won the London and South East championships, spent ages in the shower trying to get at least some of the pro tan off and I finally manage to get to the foyer area to grab a skinny latte, as I’ve not had one for 3 months.

To my amazement, there are about a dozen people, all of whom I have never met before, who all want to shake my hand and have a photo taken with me. So in each case I hand them the trophy and we have photo taken together, if I was on top of the world before I am now in orbit around the planet. Just when I think that I have spoken to everyone, more people come out of the show for the same reason. I can’t stop smiling. Someone asks me if I have a website, I say no and think nothing more of it.

I walk into the show to see the last class being judged. People sitting around me all shake my hand. Bodybuilding fans are the greatest. I finally manage to get out of there and drive home. What a day it has been.