Saturday 27 November 2010

It's over - please feed me!

Just got back to the hotel after a long day competing in my first Mr. Universe and what a day it has been. As expected I didn't place in the top 6 and I won't know exactly where I came out of the 20 finalists until the official results are posted in a few days time but it has been a fantastic experience. The quality of the competition was incredible, a huge step up in class for me; so was I blown away? Definitely not. Outclassed? No certainly not that either. Well beaten by some of the best in the world? Absolutely, and there is no shame in that. It is an honour to compete at this level and a great place to learn more about competing. After all, I've only been doing it for 18 months so getting my first Mr Universe medal so soon is an achievement that I am very proud of!