Tuesday 16 August 2011

The best laid plans....

I had forgotten just how much I hate hospitals. In 2008 my 3 weeks of hell were mainly a blur as I was hooked up to a morphine pump the whole time and that takes away all the pain by putting you in a constantly spaced out state. This time however they won't give me a morphine pump as they say it's not as serious as before. Although from a medical point of view they are right, it is  very serious to me as it means that my competition plans for the rest of the year have been thrown out of the window. I have to just accept that and get on with life but it is incredibly disappointing. The latest news is that after nearly 48 hours they still don't know exactly what's wrong and I am currently awaiting a colonoscopy, which will be most uncomfortable to say the least!