Monday 7 November 2011

"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"

Yesterday at the Middleton Arena in Manchester I came second in the NAC British Open, beaten narrowly by John Roberts, just as I was in Nottingham.  As usual I had loads of people telling me that I should have won and the judges said that it was so close that they would like us to both compete in the NAC Mr. Universe in Hamburg in a few weeks time, but I have said no.  This was my seventh show this year and quite frankly I've had enough now. I don't plan to compete ever again but they do say that bodybuilding is a bit like the "Hotel California" - "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave".  Well we will see.  Finally, a huge well done to my friend Lee Jones, who competed in his first ever show yesterday, the UKBFF stars of Tomorrow, and won the Junior class!  It has been a long road for Lee to get this far but now the journey really begins, as this victory qualifies him for next years British finals!