Wednesday 7 December 2011

The fight of their lives

Ever since the documentary about Nigel Benn v Gerald McClellan on ITV on Monday night I have been asked the same question by several people; do I think that Nigel Benn was on steroids?  I would say emphatically no. Nigel worked incredibly hard to keep his weight down to the super middleweight limit; steroids make your body heavier for a variety of reasons so it would have been counter productive for him to use them.  It’s a shame that this issue has become one of the major talking points from the programme as there were far more important things and many imponderable questions that came to light.  Being a boxing fan I found the whole thing very upsetting and to see Gerald McClellan like that was just so sad. If you were as moved as I was and want to help go to http://www.geraldmcclellan.com/trust.html