Monday 15 October 2012

Fight For The Right

A great night of British boxing on Saturday. James DeGale worked hard for his victory and then revealed he had been doing 15 15 sprint training for his fitness, a very tough modern version of lamp post training that I was doing 30 years ago! Chris Eubank also progressed well on his journey, but I wish that people would stop calling him "Junior". Although I doubt that he will ever be as good as his Dad was he is a boxer in his own right. The big fella David Price, after retiring the joke that is Audrey Harrison, is now going to fight Matt Skelton. Matt is a local hero around these parts, I've met him many times, he's a nice bloke and I will go and cheer him on but my money will be on Price, who will in time have a great title shot against one of the Klitschko's. Finally, had a great workout with Amrit on Saturday, he is already having a productive off season and I always enjoy working with him. He has invited me to his parents home for an authentic home made curry as soon as I've finished dieting, I confidently predict that will win "best meal of the year" this year!