Wednesday 17 April 2013

Happy Birthday

So Monday was my 54th birthday, thank you for all of the kind birthday wishes, especially the dear friend who left me a singing voicemail! I must admit that as I've had so many birthdays the novelty has worn off and I rarely have any kind of celebration. This year was different though and I was so happy when I received a visit from one of my most favourite people in the whole world, 5 year old Layla.  I've known Layla since she was a toddler and it's always great to see her.  She loves her cuddles and often falls asleep resting her head on my bicep as a pillow.  Her Mum and Dad are lovely people too so we had a great time.  It was Layla's birthday 2 days before mine and she bought me some of her cake. We were going to have one for me but apparently the candles would have caused a major fire hazard!