Friday 5 April 2013

Time Of The Season

Well it's April again although you would never believe it from the weather. It's such a shame, because all of the big federations have shows in April which means that right now there are hundreds of dedicated athletes preparing for competition. The cold weather makes it very tough for them, especially the morning cardio. When I won my first 2 London titles and my first 2 bodypower titles I actually enjoyed the prep because I could do most of my cardio outdoors, walking around a local lake enjoying the spring wildlife made the diet and training bearable.  It's not so much fun when every cardio session is indoors, breathing recycled air, it's soul destroying. If you are competing soon please don't lose motivation, tough it out, every weights session and every cardio session, and just tell yourself, no matter how tough it gets, THIS IS WHAT WE DO!!!