Saturday 15 February 2014

A Design For Life

I receive a lot of emails with a similar theme that read something like "I hit the gym hard 5 times a week but I'm making no progress".  As I always try to explain, actual training might account for about an hour of your day but if you don't get the other 23 hours right then "hitting the gym hard" is going to have little affect. To be successful at this sport at any level or even just to look good, you need to commit to a lifestyle, that means having a regular daily timetable including set times for meals, food prep and everything else that you have to do, and you can't just deviate from that timetable whenever you want to, that is not committing to a lifestyle.  Furthermore, if you want to compete then you have to let the sport temporarily take over your life, in the 3 months leading up to my first show my brilliant coach Eddie Abbew was even telling me when to get up & when to sleep. My record proves what happens if you have a coach that cares about you and you do as you're told, and that works at any level I promise you. It's something that I will write a special feature about as soon as I get some free time because the right lifestyle is the real key to having a good physique.